Look for us for more training and you just found it as we offer you this great and fun activity - Training Equipment Knots Abseil Girona Catalonia - so that you can carry out mountain activities with total safety for you and your companions!
All Year Long (except Summer Months)
5 minutes Girona / 60 minutes Barcelona
Starting from 65 euros
Over 12 years of age
Training Equipment Knots Abseil Girona Catalonia
The course of material, knots and descent by rope (rappel) is a “must” to get started in the vertical world.
Aventura Girona will teach you to recognize the different elements of rappels and basic progression safety techniques, to enjoy different types of activities in the mountains: canyoning, via ferratas, climbing, caving ...
By successfully completing the activity, you will be able to abseil with autonomy, efficiency and maximum safety, both yours and that of your companions in any mountain discipline.
The organization of the activity is divided into theoretical and practical classes.
The training will be carried out with small groups, maximum 6 people per guide.
The objectives of the course are the following:
- Recognize the risks in abseiling and ensure a safe practice.
- Recognize and correctly use the necessary individual and collective material.
- Adapt the different forms of progression in rappels depending on the environment.
- Know and practice basic safety maneuvers.
- Identify the factors to take into account when planning an abseil.
- Become aware of the importance of respect for the environment.
The course contents are as follows
- Basic individual and collective equipment and material
- Basic knots required (all variants of figure eight, loop, fisherman's knot, dynamic, clove hitch)
- Different types of fixed anchors existing in the wall and their resistance
- Techniques and basic safety aspects
- Facilities and basic maneuvers with the rope
- Techniques of progression with rope or rappel (classic, double, fast, vertaco ...)
- Technique to lock in the middle of the rappel
- Self insured rappel
- Emergency rappelling for loss of eight
- Belaying the partner in the rappels, from the rappel or meeting foot.
- Explanation of the triangle of forces
- Learning how to mount rappels for the first person to go down and for the last person to go down.
- Detachable rappel
- Different assemblies on the rappel to recover the rope (recessed knot, recessed eight, double)
- Handrail assembly
- Interpretation and reading of sketches and reviews
- Correct choice of itineraries
SEASON: This activity takes place throughout the year with exception the summer months, because of the excessive heat.
ADVENTURERS: From 12 years of age up.
MEETING POINT: Ronda del Fort Roig, 18 Parking, Montjuïc (city of Girona) - View Map
MEETING TIME: 9:00
DURATION: All day. 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, stopping 30 minutes to eat.
EQUIPMENT: Comfortable warm clothes (depending on the time of year), sneakers, backpack (to carry water or the clothes we take off due to heat), water (ideal 1 liter per person), snacks energy bars, fruit, nuts or whatever you want to eat throughout the day. If the participant has their own individual safety equipment, they can carry out the training with their equipment and get used to it. The ideal material would be a harness, descendant, safety carabiners, single / double safety anchor rope and helmet.
GROUPS: For a good training the courses will not exceed 6 people per guide.
Training Equipment Knots Abseil Girona Catalonia Prices
1 person: 180 euros
Group of 2: 90 euros per person
Group of 3-6 people: 65 euros per person
You can join existing groups created by Adventure Girona.
The price of the activity will depend on the number of people who finally carry out the activity
What is included in the price: Material necessary to carry out the activity, individual (helmet, harness, descender, safety group material with two different measures depending on our needs and carabiners) and collective (dynamic, semi-static ropes, blockers, different descenders), titled guide, photographic report and civil liability insurance and accidents Technical advice during and after the course. Teaching materials.
All the multi-activities that Adventure Girona offers are covered by an accident insurance as well as by the civil liability scheme, as required by the regulations in force that regulate Physical Sports Activities in the Natural Environment (Decree 56/2003).
Complete information on the coverage and conditions of the insurance is available to clients at our offices.
Customers can request, if required, complaint forms from the company.
Other Activities you should try: