If you practice canyoning, then you will know that what marks the difficulty in a canyon is the water. Simple ravines with water become rivers where there is a need to know a specific technique. We offer you our Training Fast Water Canyoning Girona Catalonia program to help you progress with maximum safety and enjoy to the fullest this great passion that unites us – canyoning!
April - September (except July and August)
5 minutes Girona / 60 minutes Barcelona
Starting from 65 euros
Over 14 years of age, high skilled swimmer
Training Fast Water Canyoning Girona Catalonia
The ravines are open roads eroded by water, and their flows are intermittent in terms of water volume, meteorology and morphology.
This situation has led us to import techniques from other water sports and even to adapt and invent new safety manoeuvrers.
The living waters constitute the most difficult means in the sport of canyoning, they are difficult to control and if you do not have experience.
Extreme caution in this environment is imperative to avoid accidents that normally have a tragic end.
From Aventura Girona we will teach you to recognize and apply the necessary guidelines and manoeuvrers in the course of living waters, with efficiency and safety.
By successfully passing the training, you will be able to apply the most suitable fortune techniques to solve unforeseen situations with maximum security, both yours and that of your companions.
The organization of the activity is divided into a theoretical class and a practical class.
The objectives of the course are the following:
- Identify the characteristics of a riverbed
- Identify the indicators that allow to evaluate the flow
- Know the main elements that are formed in living waters (main current, counter current, slipstream, whirlpool, drainage, siphon ...)
- Determine how to progress in whitewater (flotting, body-current incidence, power outlets ...)
- Apply the guidelines and maneuvers necessary to cross the riverbed, effectively and safely
- Know and apply basic safety techniques (active safety and passive safety)
- Interpret distress signals
- Plan the accesses, exits and evacuation places according to the difficulties and capacities of the people in a group or rescue
- Apply the most suitable fortune techniques to solve unforeseen situations
The course contents are as follows:
- Equipment and material
- Basic rules for any maneuver in live water
- Positioning in the water
- Safety rope (rope throw): Aim and aim in motion
- Static safety and active safety
- Flotting and navigation
- Swimming against the current
- Advance in countercurrents with the objective of crossing the channel
- River crossing: Without obstacles or with obstacles
- Zip lines
- Rescue (direct or indirect)
SEASON: April - September (except July and August).
DIFFICULTY: Beginner / Advanced.
ADVENTURERS: From 14 years of age up, high skilled swimmer.
MEETING POINT: Car park in Novavenda super market in Bescano - View Map
MEETING TIME: 9:00
DURATION: All day. 9:00 to 17:00, stopping 30 minutes to eat.
EQUIPMENT: Two-piece neoprene and booties, harness with five safety carabiners and descender, helmet, canyoning backpack, semi-static rope 40 or 60 meters, swimsuit, sneakers, towel, spare clothes and shoes, food and drink for the day.
GROUPS: For a good training the courses will not exceed 6 people per guide.
RENT: Possibility of renting the specific individual material for 30 euros from Adventure Girona.
Training Fast Water Canyoning Girona Catalonia Prices
1 person: 180 euros
Group of 2: 90 euros per person
Group of 3-6 people: 65 euros per person
You can join existing groups created by Adventure Girona.
What is included in the price: Qualified guide, photographic report and civil liability and accident insurance Technical advice during and after the course. Teaching materials..
All the multi-activities that Adventure Girona offers are covered by an accident insurance as well as by the civil liability scheme, as required by the regulations in force that regulate Physical Sports Activities in the Natural Environment (Decree 56/2003).
Complete information on the coverage and conditions of the insurance is available to clients at our offices.
Customers can request, if required, complaint forms from the company.
Other Activities you should try: