Via ferratas is a sport that for a climber would be walking, but for a person who walks it would be climbing - with this Training Via Ferrata Catalonia as we seek to help you, advise you, train you to walk or climb as you wish, within total safety!
All Year Long (except Summer Months)
Depends on the chosen course
Starting from 65 euros
Over 12 years of age
Training Via Ferrata Catalonia
Via ferrata course for sports itineraries, designed for those mountaineers who seek the possibility of experiencing the sensation of verticality, in a simple and safe way.
The course organization is divided into theoretical and practical classes. You will learn to recognize the different elements of the via ferratas and the basic safety techniques of progression. And at the end of this course you will be able to perform via ferratas with total autonomy, efficiency and maximum safety, both yours and that of your companions.
At Adventure Girona, we offer and design specific training courses based on your needs:
- 1-day course (Material, knots and rappelling course)
- 2-day course (Idem 1-day course (material course, knots and rappelling) and more a 2 day doing the Cala Moli via ferrata in Sant Feliu de Guixols, morning and afternoon, applying everything learned in the material course , knots and rappel. The difficulty of the Cala Moli via ferrata is K2-K3 on the Hüsler scale.)
- 2-day course (Idem 1-day course (material, knots and rappelling course) and 2-day course doing the Baumes corcades via ferrata in Centelles, as long as the participants have previous experience in Via Ferratas The difficulty of the via ferrata Baumes Corcades is K4-K5 on the Hüsler scale.)
- 3-day course (Idem 1-day course (material, knots and rappelling course) and 2-day training on the Cala moli via ferrata and a 3-day course on the Baumes Corcades via ferrata)
The objectives of the course are the following:
- Adapt the different forms of progression on the via ferratas depending on the environment.
- Recognize the risks and ensure safe practice, correctly use individual and collective material.
- Know and practice basic safety maneuvers.
- Become aware of the importance that we owe to the environment and respect it.
- Identify the risk factors when planning the via ferrata.
The course contents are as follows:
- Equipment and material.
- Techniques and basic safety aspects.
- Set via ferrata peculiarity, handling and different models.
- Progression on the via ferratas
- Facilities and basic maneuvers with the rope.
- Basic knots required.
- String progression techniques (single, double, classic, fast, dynamic ...).
- Detachable rappel.
- Emergency rappelling for loss of eight.
- Self-insured rappelling.
- Belaying the partner in the rappels, from the rappel or meeting foot.
- Interpretation and reading of sketches and reviews.
- Correct choice of itineraries.
SEASON: This activity takes place throughout the year with exception the summer months, because of the excessive heat.
DIFFICULTY: Beginner. No previous experience necessary.
ADVENTURERS: From 12 years of age up.
MEETING POINT: depends on the chosen course.
MEETING TIME: 9:00
DURATION: All day. 9:00 to 17:00, stopping 30 minutes to eat.
EQUIPMENT: Comfortable warm clothes (depending on the time of year), sneakers, backpack (to carry water or the clothes we take off due to heat), water (ideally 1 liter per person), sandwiches, energy bars, fruit, fruits dried or whatever you want to eat throughout the day. If the participant has their own individual safety equipment, they can carry out the training with their equipment and get used to it. The ideal material would be a harness, descendant, safety carabiners, single / double safety anchor rope and helmet.
GROUPS: For a good training the courses will not exceed 6 people per guide.
Training Via Ferrata Catalonia Prices
1 person: 180 euros per day
Group of 2: 90 euros per person per day
Group of 3-6 people: 65 euros per person per day
You can join existing groups created by Adventure Girona.
The price of the activity will depend on the number of people who finally carry out the activity
What is included in the price: Material necessary to carry out the activity, individual (helmet, harness, set via ferrata, descender, safety group material with two different measures depending on our needs and carabiners) and collective (dynamic, semi-static ropes, blockers, different descenders), titled guide, photographic report and civil liability insurance and accidents Technical advice during and after the course. Teaching materials.
All the multi-activities that Adventure Girona offers are covered by an accident insurance as well as by the civil liability scheme, as required by the regulations in force that regulate Physical Sports Activities in the Natural Environment (Decree 56/2003).
Complete information on the coverage and conditions of the insurance is available to clients at our offices.
Other Activities you should try: